All Post 16 establishments are allocated a sum of money to support students who have difficulties in funding the requirements of their courses of study, eg the purchase of necessary equipment, participation on field trips or educational visits and transport to and from school. In order to qualify for the bursary at MV16 parents or students need to be able to provide evidence of receipt of at least one of the following benefits:
1. Receipt of income Support, Income Based Job Seekers allowance or Employment and Support Allowance – Income Based from the Department of Work and Pensions.
2. Receipt of Universal Credit
3. Receipt of Child Tax Credit, most recent Tax credit award notice – Form TC602 from the Inland Revenue.
4. Receipt of the Guarantee element of M1000 Pension Credit Award
5. Receipt of NASS letter or IS 96 (if claiming under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999)
6. Receipt of a Tax Credit decision Notice (Only applies for Temporary Authorisation)
Application forms are available from Student Services. Please get in touch if you require any further information on our Bursary Fund.